NSW Traffic Law - Who is at Fault in Parking Incident?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
The definition of 'line of traffic' is defined in the dictionary. Reg 87 refers to line of traffic and the dictionary definition seemingly fits the definition for a car on the road.

I suspect they did turn into Anna's vehicle, but if Anna's vehicle was moving forward (she says rolling) then that would probably be sufficient. Add to this her car was partly across a driveway. Doesn't look good from a liability viewpoint.

The real issue for the OP is insurance. Insurance companies often seem to have their own rules which the public never see. Best you could hope for is the other side accepting some liability but I don't it would be close to 50%.

Just realised you are dealing with her in the insurance forum. You obviously know far more than me wrt car insurance.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Regulation 87 applies only to drivers entering a marked lane or line of traffic. Creeping forward alongside the kerb may be neither.Perhaps the other vehicle turned from the line of traffic into Anna’s vehicle?

Despite the rantings of other posters here..... Exactly!