NSW Traffic Law - Query About Turning in the Bus Lane?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JohnPeterson

20 July 2019
Are you allowed to cross solid lines around a bus lane when you have to make an immediate left turn from a 70 zone?

I thought we have to wait till the dotted line starts but that might be too late to stay in the bus lane for some time and then check blind spot and then make the turn (because of speed).

An example situation is this road where I was asked to take first left when I was cruising at around 65 kmph as the road was a 70 zone: Google Maps

Bit confused? What is the right way under Traffic Law? Is there any supporting documentation to clarify this?

JohnPeterson

20 July 2019
Are you allowed to cross solid lines around a bus lane when you have to make an immediate left turn from a 70 zone?
I thought we have to wait till the dotted line starts but that might be too late to stay in the bus lane for some time and then check blind spot and then make the turn (because of speed).

An example situation is this road where I was asked to take first left when I was cruising at around 65 kmph as the road was a 70 zone: Google Maps

Bit confused? What is the right way? Is there any supporting documentation to clarify this?
Any suggestions?