SA subject to finance issue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

James101

8 March 2019
Yes two lawyers have said the contact is void because of the wrong name. I think they know this, There conveyancer is refusing to talk to my lawyer. I find it strange that i have to agree to a finance extension but they can ignore my settlement extension. My worry was that if finance only came through at the end i would have next to no time to complete the settlement, and they appear to have no interest in extending it. Which would then put me in breach of the contract and leave my deposit at risk.

James101

8 March 2019
Okay, have now been given an extension on finance and settlement, but still not sure if there will be enough time. If come next financial approval date i still do not have finance what are my options?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
With all due respect, you have a lawyer involved. They should be providing you with this information.

However, without looking at the terms of your contract you generally have three options:

1. Seek a further extension;
2. Terminate the contract; or
3. Waive the benefit of the condition and proceed.

James101

8 March 2019
With all due respect, you have a lawyer involved. They should be providing you with this information.

However, without looking at the terms of your contract you generally have three options:

1. Seek a further extension;
2. Terminate the contract; or
3. Waive the benefit of the condition and proceed.

Thanks rob, my lawyers has advised me that i have the right to terminate,but as you can imagine i am still worried and seeking out as much advice as i can.