NSW stormwater runoff from council property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


3 September 2020
We have changed the use of part of our property.The local council has directed road stormwater runoff to our property when the subdivision was done. We changed the usage due to the erosion caused to our property and the access to this area by the water runoff. We are on acreage. We now want them to address the situation correctly with volume and velocity arresting
of the road water. The site has a building entitlement and we would like to build on it. A water retention pond by them on our land is not acceptable as the area is not big enough. Who is responsible for this rectification works please?