WA Stealing as a Servant - What to Do Now?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

hopeless1

8 April 2019
I have been charged with stealing as a servant. I have not yet received a summons. This is my first ever offence. What should I do now?

Also, on the same day, I had an interview for employment which requires a police check, will it show a pending charge?

lpt88

22 March 2019
Do you have any further details about the situation?
Also, what was the timeline? From when you were caught by your employer to the police arresting you?

lpt88

22 March 2019
What did you actually do? The amount, etc?

Also, the pending charge won’t show up on your police check for employment, only actual convictions from the courts.

So until you’ve received the outcome of your time in court nothing will be recorded yet.

hopeless1

8 April 2019
It is alleged that I stole money from the till, no amount specified as yet maybe under 500 all up.

Apparently some cctv footage as well.

Thank you again.

James McGill

13 March 2019
Your police clearance won't show any charges, only convictions. In relation to 'what to do now', I suggest you seek legal advice. Unless you have specific questions its hard to help.

hopeless1

8 April 2019
Thank you for your help, much appreciated. First time ever in this situation, seems very over whelming. I feel like my life is over.

James McGill

13 March 2019
My pleasure, for what it’s worth I regularly deal with good, hard-working and fundamentally honest people who make an impulsive, silly mistake (I appreciate you are only alleged to have committed the crime and I am not imputing that you made such a mistake). If you need any more information don't hesitate to message.

Reactions: Carlabadluck

Carlabadluck

8 June 2020
My pleasure, for what it’s worth I regularly deal with good, hard-working and fundamentally honest people who make an impulsive, silly mistake (I appreciate you are only alleged to have committed the crime and I am not imputing that you made such a mistake). If you need any more information don't hesitate to message.
James can I message you please? I have one question if possible