NSW Should Other Party's Lawyer Respond to My Emails?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Steve1905

21 November 2014
Sydney
Hi All,

My entire case is wanting my son back in Sydney so he can see his entire family. I have offered that the ex move back to Sydney and 50/50 or my son (9 years old) live with me and visit her (4 hours drive away) every 2nd weekend. My son constantly states he wants to live with me and also asks when he will be old enough to choose as I have 2 sons from a previous relationship who chose to live with me.

I am still in the process waiting for a final hearing date and I get an email from my ex's lawyer stating she is being evicted again (third time in 2 years) and would I not consider a point in orders that a relocation to be approved by the courts and just let her move. I saw this as an opportunity to put things right and get them to move to Sydney.

I put in an application for an urgent hearing as there was limited time before the eviction took place. The urgent application was denied and a later hearing date set. My application was denied in court and I was abused by the registrar as there was no significant change with the mother moving 5 min away from her current address (Doesn't give me hope for the final hearing). The registrar allowed her to move to the address supplied and orders made accordingly.

2 weeks after orders are set I get an email from the ex stating the new address which is different form the one stated at the hearing and in the orders. It is still in the same area.

I wrote to the mother's lawyer and the ICL asking for an explanation and again 2 weeks later. I am yet to get a response form either as to why the address is different to the address applied for.

I know it's a moot point trying again but should the mother's lawyer respond and explain why the address is different and also have the orders changed to reflect the new address?

Thanks in advance

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Does it matter?

If she is still close enough for the existing orders to work, don't make out like it's a problem. It's not.

Lennon

11 September 2014
There are different conduct rules for solicitors between States, but I've yet to come across a rule that requires solicitors to respond to all correspondence sent to them.

I agree with PP, the issue seems irrelevant.

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
It would be nice if they did but they can't be forced to.