VIC Security Guards Legally Required for Staff Safety at Gaming Licensed Venue?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

quinn

3 October 2014
Is there any law requirments regarding a gaming / licenced venue having security guards on as the staff are starting to feel unsafe where i work but management dont want the added cost

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Quinn,

What kind of gaming venue is your place of employment? Is there alcohol being served? Is there live music being played? What hours does the venue open until?

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria

quinn

3 October 2014
Hi Quinn,

What kind of gaming venue is your place of employment? Is there alcohol being served? Is there live music being played? What hours does the venue open until?
Hi its an rsl very large venue yes we serve alcohol we rarely have live music we open until 12

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Quinn,

I am not too familiar with the requirements of venues such as gambling, alcohol and music venues. I would suggest talking to the Victorian Commission for Gaming and Liquor Regulation (as recommended above) as well as the local council where your place of employment is located. Just explain your situation/venue to them and they should be able to advise you or direct you in the right direction.