NSW Section 10 and employment.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

T211

6 October 2018
Long story short, was found taking a pill at a festival ~3 years ago. Went to court and received a section 10 with a 6 month bond. I’ve now finished uni and applying for jobs and have received a fantastic offer pending a background check. Will a finding of guilt show despite the bond being over? Really worried I’ve completely messed up here and am going to struggle with employment moving forward.

Any help appreciated.

sammy01

27 September 2015
what sort of job. The threshold of security checks will depend. Job at K-Mart, no worries, job at child centre? no worries. Job with the federal police? problems

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Yes, you will be fine, the checks for the big 4 banks relies heavily on fraud and unethical issues mainly.

T211

6 October 2018
Thanks for the responses thus far. If anyone else has anything to contribute that could clear this up that would be appreciated.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Long story short, was found taking a pill at a festival ~3 years ago. Went to court and received a section 10 with a 6 month bond. I’ve now finished uni and applying for jobs and have received a fantastic offer pending a background check. Will a finding of guilt show despite the bond being over? Really worried I’ve completely messed up here and am going to struggle with employment moving forward.

Any help appreciated.
The price of peace of mind is about a hundred dollars.
Do one of those online history checks, on yourself.