VIC Sale authority form issue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Poonam

15 April 2022
Hi,

I would like to seek some help in regards to the sale authority form please.
I have attached a pic and would really like to know if one persons initial’s are enough for the agent to trap us.
We are a family and looked for a home and it didn’t work out with the agent, for the house we saw with them. But, we hit trapped in this sale authority for 90 days. The house is under me and my partner’s name.
The agent asked me to initial when they changed it to 120 days and I did. But, my partner didn’t sign it.
Now, I would like to know if this sale authority is valid for 90 or 120 days??
We would really like to get out of this contract as my partner doesn’t agree it to be 120 days as he says he didn’t sign it.. Does him not doing his initials make the contract void and we can be free by 90 days from this trap??

I have also requested the agent to release us from the authority as we have like a property with another agent and would like to go with them to secure the property. But, they refused to do so. This will make us liable to pay two commissions to the agents.

Please advice the best way if there is anything to chalkaenge this authority.
We are just looking for a bigger home and found one and now these agents are pushing us back and we aren’t able to make the move.

Thank you 😊

Attachments

• 9CC3BF36-F78B-499E-805B-2F2517D211EC.jpeg
    9CC3BF36-F78B-499E-805B-2F2517D211EC.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 3

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Likely 90 days.

But this not legal advice and I haven't seen the full authority or any other correspondence.

Reactions: Poonam