VIC s43 of Bankruptcy Act 1966

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ganrad

10 June 2020
If you don't have a business, can you (an individual) be made a bankrupt under s43 of Bankruptcy Act?
Please advise recent cases to support your answer.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Yes.
Why do you need to know?

I find it interesting that you are asking for us to provide you with case law . I notice that you have put up other posts (Commercial Law) asking for case law in support of our answers. If you are a student, you ought to be using the Student section of this forum. If you are genuine, then you ought to seek the assistance of a solicitor as you are seeking advice on some very complex matters. Many law firms offer a first interview free service.

Reactions: Tim W

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I find it interesting that you are asking for us to provide you with case law . I notice that you have put up other posts (Commercial Law) asking for case law in support of our answers. If you are a student, you ought to be using the Student section of this forum. If you are genuine, then you ought to seek the assistance of a solicitor as you are seeking advice on some very complex matters. Many law firms offer a first interview free service.
Yeah. I wonder if this is a Deakin Law School take-home exam....?