QLD RTA Withholdinng Bond Due to Mistake in QCAT Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

shazza56

20 September 2017
Recently went to QCAT and court to get the bond matter sorted. All went very well - the court ordered that our bond be given to us. Then I get an email from the RTA saying that they have received the court order from QCAT, but (always a but) there is no order instructing the monies be paid from the bond.

Could someone please explain what that means, as these always happen on a weekend? I have to wait till monday but maybe someone else has had this happen and its time thing.

Could you please reply if you have an idea about this?

Cheers

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Has the landlord tried to have some money held back?

If yes, and QCAT didn't order the claim money held back, then you should get all the bond back.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What is the wording of the order?

shazza56

20 September 2017
Found out the issue. The court did order the full bond back to us, but for some reason the judge thought that the respondent had the bond and it wasn't lodged with the RTA, so there was no written order to instruct the RTA to pay the bond to us from the bond held.

Whole lot of red tape stuff. I just want my bond back. This has dragged on for 3 months. I have filled out another form number 43, this time to request an amendment to the court order to state that the bond should be paid from the bond held at the RTA.

It feels like I am doing their job for them. And I'm the one being punished here for them not doing their job.