VIC Retail Lease, any caps on outgoing increases?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joe184

4 June 2019
Can anyone let me know what the caps are on increases to outgoings for a commercial lease for a retail property in Vic? Landlord has increase an outgoing by 100% and whilst they did put this in the schedule 1 disclaimer, seems the increase is unfair.

I've read the Retail Leases act 2003, and amendments, and I cant find or doesnt mention any caps on increases.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Can anyone let me know what the caps are on increases to outgoings for a commercial lease for a retail property in Vic? Landlord has increase an outgoing by 100% and whilst they did put this in the schedule 1 disclaimer, seems the increase is unfair.

I've read the Retail Leases act 2003, and amendments, and I cant find or doesnt mention any caps on increases.

From my experience and what I saw, it was always disclosed in the agreement/contract between the parties, but in your case, what you can do, is contact the council for that area and they may answer your question or direct you to the best people.