TAS Restraining order question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cody92

11 January 2020
OK so the deal is my step dad left my mom suddenly. 4 months after my brother committed suicide. my mom has been a mental wreck ever since. He hasn't lived here since sep. he left on his own. Since then he's been mentally harassing my mom. making her have suicidal thoughts. we have no car. we have no money to really travel. taxi / uber. The only thing we have to keep our selfs busy is the internet. he limited the internet which is NBN so it was dial up speeds. we couldn't even load a web page. So to fix that we got his internode service disconnected and put in a TPG service in our name. he's super pissed. he came by today to get his modems and said monday he's calling to get the internet completely disconnected so we won't have any at ALL. i want to get a restraining order against him for my mom so he will stop bothering her. we just want to live here in peace until we can find a house and move on with our lives. he won't allow us to do that. the only enjoyment we have is the internet as sad as that sounds. were getting the Restraining order regardless. but will that help with him trying to disconnect the internet? it causes us stress and makes our days worse knowing at any point it could get disconnected and were left with nothing to do.

Jesso

2 February 2020
He wouldn't have the authority to disconnect your internet. If it's not in his name and he isn't named on the account.
Try blocking his number so he can't contact you or your mother. Change your locks asap so he can't gain access to your house and move all of his belongings into the garage or something similar and give him a time and date to come and collect his belongings. Don't have anything in he house that he can use as an excuse to gain entry.