If you can't get there then you're gonna have to suck it up. If you want her to follow the orders then you need to do the same. BTW she looks reasonable by offering from 9am Sunday. That said, nothing stopping you offering to pick the kid up at 5pm, or 9am Saturday - When did she tell you that she would comply with 3pm?
Hi Sammy, just saw your post. Totally understand about following the orders, we just weren't expecting it as my partner has picked the child up at 5pm since he was 2 years old (almost 6 years and 3 of those years have been during/since court).
Lesson learnt! Thanks for all your quick responses!!
The offer was to pick up at 4pm (so an hour earlier than weve always done) and she wasn't having it. She now wants to follow the orders exactly. Which is fine! A bit of notice would have been handy is all but we should have known better.
Ok so have you offered to pick the kid up tomorrow? Mention that Sunday is Father's day and you have planned for Father's day morning. Ask her why is she not prepared to do drop off tomorrow?
OR - Let's not push too far. Get the kid on Sunday....
Respectfully - lesson learned here. Next time double check. Don't leave stuff to chance with a nutter... Get used to making sure text messages / emails are short and precise.
Please confirm drop of is at (location) and at (time).
Awesome you managed to get the child.
To share my story... I got a medical condition resulting in being unable to drive, a major problem when you live rurally. We requested changeover move to either be closer or to times my partner can assist... denied. I ended up with $150 taxi fares for several pickups/dropoffs as it was do changeover at the exact time and location in the orders or not see the child. Unfortunately they seem to think that if they make life difficult we will give up so just be prepared for what may come in future!
Hoping to get some advice. We have been taking my step son to see a psychologist over the past year. He is already diagnosed with ASD. The psychologist conducted a school visit and recommended a cognitive assessment due to several concerns. Mother was invited to be a part of appointments and advised she did not wish to. Father still kept mum up to date regarding the psychologist's opinion and recommendation for the assessment.
Unfortunately the cognitive assessment had to be postponed due to the mother withholding the child from us back in May. We have since tried to reschedule the assessment to be advised that the mother has contacted the psychologist, and the psychologist only wants to proceed with the assessment if both parents are agreeable. Unfortunately, the mother is not responding to the psychologist or my partner about the same.
The child now has an ICL. Do we file an affidavit outlining the situation and speak to the ICL on the day about possibly requesting an order allowing the child's assessment to go ahead? (not sure if that is possible).
Parents already have a final order that the parents shall engage with and adopt the recommendations of the child’s treating psychologist and occupation therapist.
The judge has also already stated in his judgement for interim orders that the mother had not administered some prescribed medication, a matter which brings into question equal shared parental responsibility.
Also, can the subpoenaed items from the last court base be referred to or do we need to subpoena them again?