LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Received Two Family Court Orders - Which Orders Stand?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by MattBilston, 12 August 2015.

1. MattBilston

MattBilston Member

Hi,

I had a simple set of family court orders made via telephone with a couple of items in it of interest, ie telephone time and preventing either parties from attending each other's address.

The telephone time was pending further order, the attending each others address has no such wording. I have a second order made two weeks later at the Federal Circuit Court, which is silent on these two items.

Does this mean that the first two items still stand or because second order does not mention them that they are no longer relevant?

At an educated guess, both orders stand as the second order does not even mention the first.

The orders were made in NSW, however I reside, as does the other party, in Victoria

Thanks in advance anybody.

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Contact the people you dealt with to double check this. Sometimes those you were dealing with at the court can confirm basic procedural questions.

3. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Unless the most recent orders explicitly state that all previous orders are suspended, then it's usually accepted that prior orders remain standing. Did the Federal Circuit Court make the first orders as well?