SA Put on a PIP in different role

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

greg1984

4 July 2019
I dont understand you meaning on "one that enables you to return to a 2IC role".
In my opinion my PIP should be for the same role, which is the only way to rectifie the issues laid out.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I thought they don't want you in a 2IC role.

if they do, then great.

greg1984

4 July 2019
ok.
So the plan is to some extent will be to till the GM...

I understand based on the suggested underperforming in areas of the position I hold, there need to be changes made, how ever I also see areas outside of my suggested underpreforming that would also need improvements to help me going forward, i.e. meeting with GM, SG and LM to get better communication and chain of command within the stage management (LM, AG, SG).

I feel the suggested role and PIP I am to be put on would not be a fair and accurate gauge of the issues that have been suggested as underperformed in the position I hold.
That it also has the potential for me to loose the respect I have built up from co-workers and staff.
While also being left out as part of the Growing team for up to 12 months could have a great impact on my future to become a senior grower.

I feel the best method to correct the suggested areas of underperformance would be a PIP within my contracted role where I can address the issues that have been outlined, which then can be judged on fairly and accurately.
Aswell as getting a better chain of command and communication I should have no reason to fail the requirements of the PIP.

One thing that has just come to mind.
The GM said the role and PIP he has suggested to put me on is to boost my stocks with the Board of trustees, due to the comments in the report from the Consultant has lowered my stocks.
The reason he chose the new role was because the outside is forever untidy and the BoT has always pushed the GM to keep it clean.

This confuses me, if Im being put on a PIP for assumed underpreformance it should be for that reason, and when completed "stocks" should be restored.
Is the PIP being issued to get back in favour with the BoT or to address underperformance???. or is the GM killing two birds with one stone?
I'm not even sure if the suggestion for the PIP is coming from the BoT or the GM.

However I could also suggest taking on some of the responsibility to get and keep the outside tidy as a will of good measure.