QLD Redundancy - What are My Employee Rights?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Garry2627

7 September 2017
I have been with my company for 15 years and have worked my way into a Team Leader role with a specific title and contracted responsibilities and tasks within that position. I have an assistant that works under me as my support. Recently, without notice, my company hired someone new who I am told is now above me, and I am to report to.

My roles have changed (and have been allocated to the new person), I no longer have access to information, can't make decisions on my own (like I used to) everything I used to do in my role is now the new persons responsibility and I am essentially like the assistant that worked under me. Seeing as my roles have changed, my job title is no longer relevant and I have been shunned from any kind of personal/career development within my company or that role, isn't that essentially making my position redundant?

The company have been sneaky about it all and although my "position" still stands (as words only) and my pay hasn't changed, I think they think this is ok? What employee rights do I have? I have been made redundant without the payout.

I can see they are probably forcing my hand to leave on my own (they are treating me that badly)

Just need some help on how to approach this. Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
See a lawyer. This may well be construed as a redundancy.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If you do nothing for too long then you may be deemed as having accepted the new role.