Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Property Law - Trespass on Apartment Complex?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by TheFairyPanther, 3 February 2016.

1. TheFairyPanther

I am a new and upcoming parkourist and free runner and I have many questions on trespass. I fully understand you can't go on a train or on other government lands under Property Law. I also accept not to go to places that are obviously signposted, and I know to move on as fast as possible if asked by police or security. But can I go to places such as an apartment complex to do a bit of parkour, or do I need to ask permission to enter any property?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Becomes trespass when you do not have permission or you are a visitor not entering for legitimate purposes. Free running on someone else's property is not a legitimate purpose without permission.

I suspect you will struggle to get permission as people are adverse to being sued if you injure yourself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

No
    Yes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...