Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Property Law - How Do I Prove Ownership of Pushbike?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by beebar, 20 November 2015.

Tags:
  1. beebar

beebar Member

I was recently pulled over whilst riding my pushbike. They searched me and did a numbers checks on the bike which came back as not stolen, which I already knew as they had previously done a check 5 weeks earlier.

This time, they took it and said they were sending it to forensics for further testing. I know the bike is legit, but I don't have the sales receipt to prove as it was bought for me as a gift for my birthday. I asked the person who gave me the gift if they still have it, but they told me they had purchased it at a trash and treasure markets.

My question is, how can I prove ownership without the receipt under Property Law?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Perhaps statutory declarations by you and the person who gave you the bike as a gift.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...