SA Process of Filing for Recovery Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look - this is messy - but you can't offer to not collect child support in return for being able to move. You will find this impacts on your family tax benefit. Even if there an agreement for no child support, Child support will still collect if you ask... So even if you say you promise you won't.... I would not trust you. Why? Well I don't trust my ex, why should your ex trust you? After all, you don't trust him either do you?

Look, there sort of is away around this - if you agree to tell to the family tax benefit mob that he is paying by a private collect rather than through them, that will work but it is breaking the rules...

MartyK

4 June 2016
I'll only add. In terms of A and B, I hope you have documented evidence of these communications. They could asssist your case.

As for C, well, this could be viewed as a negative about you. Child support should not be a bargaining chip, it might be seen as you treating the child like a possession.

lillypilly

11 September 2016
Gahhhhh...It's like doomed either way :/ I have the entire conversation recorded so I don't know if that works for proof? I'm feeling that lost and alone with the whole thing hence why I was contemplating just how bad it really would end up if I did shoot through. I just see no end :(

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Just file an application to relocate and wait until the next hearing.

Reactions: lillypilly