VIC Previous Employer Accusing Me of Theft

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

suzi burgess

1 February 2016
Hi Serge

I was going to leave after all the accusations but I was sick in hospital for a few days and had time off and she emailed me saying with everything going on and my time off work it wasn't appropriate for me to work for the company.

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
Either way, it looks to me that you were terminated without a valid reason and without fair process. If your business needs capital, you've got a solid claim for compensation through unfair dismissal but strict time limits apply! So you must act quickly.

I'd need to know more to give you a proper help.

Wiggins

4 February 2016
I'm just going to ignore her. There is no basis for her accusations apart from misplaced receipts that I said were my responsibility and I had told her to get them reissued to prove I did nothing wrong and she is still saying I stole without proof. Like I said I will be ignoring her and if it keeps going I will be in touch with a lawyer.

That sounds like a good plan - sometimes "do nothing" is the best strategy - wait till you see her hand and play it from there.

Wiggins

4 February 2016