QLD Police or Officer of the Court Sent to Collect Child?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Oh, thinking outside the square. So the Queens Birthday long weekend is the second weekend in June - this year that is the 10th June. To me that indicates that the world agree's the first weekend in June is 1st June.

Look, the cops are not gonna show up.

Gonna be blunt here - Sure, the daughter is gonna be disapointed. But no doubt dad has planned his time around the correct dates. The misake about he dates is at your end.... Again, sorry to be blunt, but hey we all make mistakes. So nope I don't think dad is being ruthless, he has simply organised his life in accordance with the orders and doesn't need to change his plans because of an honest mistake at your end.

I think you need to suck it up and facilitate access on the weekend of the1st June.

Between you and me, seems a pity, if it was the second weekend in June that would include the long weekend. Except I just noticed you're in Queensland. Funny that the state that is named after the queen doesn't acknowledge her birthday...

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Are these final orders? If not suggest adding in a clause that the first Saturday in June is classified as the first weekend and if such date occurs then the weekend is to begin on the preceding Friday being the 31st.

Secondly if pick up is at midday I am assuming your daughter is rather young? In regards to sleepovers with friends, she has years and years ahead of her for that, In fact she will probably be choosing friends sleepovers and the like sooner then you think - leaving poor mum and dad to face weekends and holidays with even less time together!

And if the father lives interstate then contact between them must be rather minimal in terms of actual face-to-face (not inc phone calls etc). If so the absolute best thing you can do for your child is to support this visit by her father. Honestly if you are primary carer and having majority of time inc most weekends then you are the main impact on her life. Yes her father is important and yes he has a say in decisions about her life (again just assuming as not sure what your orders say) but at the end of it it sounds like your daughter will have a strong bond with you. She will remember the good old days when mum helped her spend time with her dad. Be the good parent to her and for her.

I understand it's hard when you feel like things go against you (understanding of orders etc) but it really does sound like you have a lot of time with your daughter. That is wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.