VIC Personal Bankruptcy & Trustee

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Manny78

28 March 2022
Summary - I have a mortgage with Westpac since 2014 which is up to date & no issue, however when i got into mortgage westpac offered / promote me a personal loan for furniture & etc.. I agreed with the condition that they will add this into my mortgage in 12 months time. they confirmed & said I can do that with no problems. but unfortunately I don't have it on paper or email.

In 2016 with some personal matters I had to restructure all my finances with I managed to do with all other banks but Westpac did not help. After couple of month of dispute they sold the loan to Lion Finance. After Lion finance try to claim 25k over for the original 17k loan that I have paid back about 2 or 3k.

With multiple failed negotiation attempts, Lion Finance Bankrupt me with out my involvement, I could not fight back at the time & by the time I manage to fight back it was little too late. Trustee was PCI partners, they called all creditors & came to me with 80k + possible 100k with fees & charges list & asking me to pay up , I had other loans combine with my wife & they add all these even those loans are on payment plans up to date at the time. After that Trustee keep contacting my wife & asking her to join with them to sell the family house in order to settle everything. We have offered them multiple time up front amount with payment plans but over past 3 years they were only interested selling the house.

past 6 x months they did not go anything & my bankruptcy was 3 years up on last February 2022. I did not recieve any update from the trustee but now after 3 years past, they sending me to fill out income statemets & again saying they are looking to sell the house. I have never demand that I am not paying from the start but asked for a fair agreement, payment plan but trustee only interested selling a family home & make their money.

Please advise what I can do & any lawyers that I can talk to in regards to fight back? Should I complain to any government authority?