WA Not obeying with court orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pinky87

1 September 2023
Hello hoping to get some advice. I have family court orders stating that i get supervised visits with my children twice a week for 2 hours at a time. the other party has to engage and organise an intake meeting, but the other parent will not cooperate will not engage and is making it extremely difficult to obey by the orders. also, i have been given phone calls three times a week for 30 mins she will cut the phone calls short. this has been going on for 4 years now we have gone back to court, but nothing is happening could she be recomarded for doing this if so, what should i be asking for to make sure she gets held responsible.

Chris W

12 September 2023
Hello hoping to get some advice. I have family court orders stating that i get supervised visits with my children twice a week for 2 hours at a time. the other party has to engage and organise an intake meeting, but the other parent will not cooperate will not engage and is making it extremely difficult to obey by the orders. also, i have been given phone calls three times a week for 30 mins she will cut the phone calls short. this has been going on for 4 years now we have gone back to court, but nothing is happening could she be recomarded for doing this if so, what should i be asking for to make sure she gets held responsible.
The Family Court doesn't enforce it's own orders. it doesn't have a police force. You can bring on your own contravention application. The link here is to an article about it. WA does have a different court however to every other state in Australia. The law is the same however.