QLD Nominating/self nomination of driver

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by fedupwithqldgovt, 7 September 2018.

1. fedupwithqldgovt

so... I have received speeding fines (6) that weren’t mine. I didn’t have a license, but they were in my car.

I have filled out the stat decs signed by a jp, nominating another driver, as per the conditions on the back of the fine.

Received 6 letters back stating that as per legislation, the driver has to self nominate and I am unable to fill out the stat dec as I wasn’t driving.

Need to know who fills it out? The driver or the owner of the vehicle?

2. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

The person who was driving. Otherwise you could blame anyone and delay the whole system - and people would. Unless and until someone else comes forward, the allegations will always be made against the registered operator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fedupwithqldgovt

So why does it say exactly the opposite on the back of the speeding fine? Bit hard to
    Nominate someone when u have a non contact dvo?

4. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You can nominate another person, but if they dispute it was them (i.e. 'self-nominate') it will bounce back to you. The system relies on the other person having agreed. I suggest you fill out a more complete statutory declaration (you can search for a template on the web) and set out the situation in more detail - including that you cannot contact the driver. The one on the back of the fine is too narrow in scope to cope with that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...