QLD No utilities connected on vacant land

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

EJH82

4 January 2022
I purchased a vacant block of land ( two lots into two titles, required no development application, not a subdivision), the previous house was demolished and both lots sold for the same price, only one lot had utilities connected from the old house. I bought the one with no utilities. We found out after we had signed the contract to build and our construction loan had been approved. Our house was handed over on the 23rd December but we can't move in because there is no water or sewerage connected. We have to pay $12099 to have this connected, we can't pay and the bank wont extend our loan or approve a personal loan. Our house is just sitting there, my partner and I and our 5 boys are living with my mum until we can come up with the money. Just wondering if this was something that should have been disclosed by the sellers agent or something our Conveyancer should have picked up?

EJH82

4 January 2022
I forgot to mention that the seller was aware of this issue before they put the land up for sale.