NSW Neighbour planted bamboo after we moved in and this is now ruining my enjoyment of my pool due to large volume of leaf litter

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DSM 70

9 March 2015
Hi, moved into our property about 7 years ago, in NW Sydney (Baulkham Hills Shire Council) and all was good. We became good friends with the people on our back boundary. Their property level is about 1m higher than ours so our back fence is 2.8m high. About 3-4 years in they planted bamboo. It is now about 4-6m high and towers the fence by 3-4m. They planted it claiming privacy as our back bedroom could see into their back yard/deck. They have only thinned out the bamboo once, about a year ago when they were off work due to COVID. This allowed some light into our garden last winter. Our windows do not have light blocked, as per the Trees Act. We no longer speak to the neighbour. I now have to constantly keep my pool and surrounding area clean, sometimes twice a day to remove the huge volume of leaves to keep them from clogging up my pool. I have had to change my pool filter from cartridge type to a sand filter, new pool cover and new automatic pool cleaner at a cost of about $2,500. It stresses me just looking at my once lovely pool area, knowing that I will have to go and remove the masses of dead leaves. The neighbour is unwilling to budge or do anything about it. What are my options?