TAS Lost Power of Attorney Documents - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jane White

4 March 2020
My elderly father has appointed me as his power of attorney, after my late mother's recent death. The POA was registered at the Land Titles Office in Hobart lat last year by a local law firm and I collected the documents soon afer.

My memory, since my mother died, has been badly compromised and somehow, this document has now gone missing and I am at a complete loss as to where it has gone - I am beginning to think it has been thrown in the recycling, somehow, in error. Can anyone tell me, would the document (given to me) be the only and original copy or would it have been a copy itself? Would the law firm have a copy of the original on file at their office? Or have I managed to lose the only and original POA? I can hardly bear to think of going through all that palaver again.

With thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney

Jane White

4 March 2020
Dear John R, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your reassuring answer. I have been having anxiety attacks over this. I am so grateful to you.

Reactions: John R