VIC Liquidators Property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anita Louise

12 July 2017
My husband and I own the freehold of a cafe and the tenants went into voluntary liquidation.
We tried to negotiate with the liquidators to buy some of the equipment , but they said we have to buy it all. We have new tenants who would like to come into the premises but don't want any of the equipment.
What is a fair time frame to ask the liquidators to remove the equipment? Thanks

Matt King

8 February 2017
Sydney and Wollongong
I have dealt with alot of liquidators over the last 20 years as a solicitor and can help you negotiate a deal with the liquidators if you want.

In short, you can negotiate any type of deal so long as its commercial for the liquidator.

Matt

Anita Louise

12 July 2017
Hi Matt, Thanks for your reply. We are not looking to negotiate with the liquidators as the future tenants do not want any of the equipment. Anything of value was stripped from the cafe before the previous tenants went into voluntary liquidation.
I have received communication from the liquidator today and we will ask them to remove the equipment at their earliest convenience.
Thanks again for your reply and offer of help.
Anita Louise