Lawyer communicating with my ex

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Xena The Warrior Princess

3 June 2018
Perhaps, you did not understand what I was saying. The documents were signed, after all. And this office never took my advice in the past. Reminding them of their obligation falls onto deaf ears. I have no idea what is next. The documents were partially past on to me, and the main paper (transfer of my property) is still in the lawyers' secretary's hands. I have instructed her not to promises anything, as I do not want to give him another option to come even closer or tried to talk me into changing my mind and get back together so he can finish what he started.
This is the finale, and I want to see this agony end for good.
I hope this explains what I wanted to say.

Atticus

6 February 2019
The documents were signed, after all......... I have no idea what is next. The documents were partially past on to me, and the main paper (transfer of my property) is still in the lawyers' secretary's hands ...... I hope this explains what I wanted to say.
Nope, still not totally making sense to me.

1) If you have an issue with the lawyer or the costs ..... Get an itemised bill & take your complaints to the law society in your state
2) If you are saying you have his signed documents after all, then what is the transfer of property about that needs his signature?

Are you saying you now have stamped consent orders & that he is not fulfilling his obligations as per the order to sign a property transfer? .... If that is the case, the secretary's advice to take it back to the court registrar is probably sound.

Xena The Warrior Princess

3 June 2018
I can see where you did understand what I said and where it is not making sense.
The stamped consent orders are in place, and the secretary is holding onto my property title (he was a tenant in common), making it difficult for me to finalise it all. And yes, I do have an issue with how I was charged in these 3-4 years, and thanks for the advice; they need to be exposed to the law society.
I appreciate your input.

sammy01

27 September 2015
forget trying to take the solicitor down. You have enough on your plate.

Solution 1 = get solicitor to write to him giving him 14 days to sign.
Solution 2 = apply to court for orders.

Atticus

6 February 2019
The stamped consent orders are in place, and the secretary is holding onto my property title (he was a tenant in common)
As advised by the secretary, you have the option of taking it back to court & have a registrar sign the transfer papers in his stead... It would be a simple fairly straightforward application pursuant to section 106A of the family law act >>>> FAMILY LAW ACT 1975 - SECT 106A Execution of instruments by order of court

Basically if a party has refused or neglected to comply with a direction in an order, the court can appoint a person (usually a court registrar) to sign the paperwork instead... That would quickly bring it to a conclusion.

It's not appropriate that he is attempting to coerce you into revoking a DVO before he will agree to sign & comply with the order.... In fact that coercion would be grounds for a magistrate to not revoke. I expect this a last desperate attempt on his part.

I would instruct the lawyer/secretary to give him 48 hours to sign the necessary documents as the orders require him to, or you will take it back to court & seek the cost of doing so from him.