VIC IVO condition confusing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anky21

20 February 2021
Hello all. My IVO has a condition where it states i can arrange/ participate mediation or counseling provided i don't commit family violence while doing so.

Does this mean i can email her asking if she'd be interested in counseling or will that be a breach?

Not that its relevant but i am really torn about divorcing even though the discovery exchange is almost complete and there's just divorce left after the property settlement. I feel she was forced to complain to the police by her mother and brother but on the other hand she must have agreed to do it at some point 😔They didn't have any proof of the allegations and the police never charged me as well but i agreed to the IVO since i thought the marriage was over if she's taken that big a step against me.

I am sceptic if any step from my side will work (she or her mother will just take it as a sign of weakness and try to dominate) but I don't want to have any regrets. I feel both of us alone can reason with each other but the problems in our marriage have always been external.

Appreciate any help/ advice. Thanks

Atticus

6 February 2019
My IVO has a condition where it states i can arrange/ participate mediation or counseling provided i don't commit family violence while doing so.

Does this mean i can email her asking if she'd be interested in counseling or will that be a breach?
Any direct email or contact from you is likley to be a breach...

The condition allows you to ARRANGE mediation, ie, contact a mediator who will in turn contact her & invite her to mediation with you .... If she agrees & mediation happens, you are allowed to participate on condition that you don't commit FV