NSW Issues with Manager Bullying Contractor?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cxh

9 May 2018
Hi,

I receive repeatitive attacks, by my manager, who also organises his attacks together with another contractor. I have been summoned on a very very harsh and loud tone by my manager who has never ever tried to talk to me to put in place some continuous improvement measures for my work.
Also he is asking that I produce invoices for my work based on a ridiculous low number of hours a week only, even though I have been required to work 50 hrs a week. This does not seem legal under employment law either?

I have tried to talk to him but he is too agressive and I can't get through to him. He is also requesting that I stop some sport activities, even though my contract does not make one single mention of it and I had negotiated that matter prior and during the hiring interview. He gives me the options: if I continue I have to quit.

Should I just walk away or should I fight?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
The first thing to work out is if you are an employee or contractor.

Contractors cannot use the anti-bullying provisions of the Fair Work Act.

As a contractor you have rights under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. Read this: Workplace bullying