VIC Is this the forum for The Philosophy of Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Red Belly

1 November 2017
Hi. On the outset, let me say I'm not a lawyer, dropped out of school at year 11 (1972~), and returned to night school(s) as an adult, learning a few basic subjects at "5th form" level, Legal Studies, English, and forget the others.

Life sent me up the road, while as a working-class "battler", of studying Philosophy, Economics, and other topics, all assisting in expanding my intellect, self-understanding, and knowledge of many cultures, boiling it all down to this "deep-ish" Philosophy of Law topic.

So, 1st question here is
Is this the correct forum to post such a topic, about discussing "the Philosophy of Law"?

I'll leave it there for now...., on the lines that I do believe this is something Legal Fraternities need address, all awry things considered.

Prompts; Impartiality, Veracity of Laws, Recusal, Testing Laws.

Cheers.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
This forum is more for practical information than esoteric discussion. The closest you'll find is in the Law Students Forum, but even then it's not so much a 'discussion venue' as it is a 'question and answer' facility.

Red Belly

1 November 2017
This forum is more for practical information than esoteric discussion. The closest you'll find is in the Law Students Forum, but even then it's not so much a 'discussion venue' as it is a 'question and answer' facility.

Hi Rob Legat, and thanks. Expected that really. It happens to be relevant to the reason for my first question to this site, posted last night, which you might check out, if you've the time, etc.

Might I say, that beneath "Laws" are aspects which are very-much to the contrary of being "Esoteric", and touch the very basis, and fabric of whether our society and nation etc, operate upon "laws" or inventions suiting a select minority.

For, because of a series of evolved corruptions of basic laws, all others become corrupted, whence so many people are made criminals, where they should not and would not be, given proper monitoring, etc.

Cheers,

Red Belly