Homework Questions - Suggestions for Usage of This Forum

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

procrastinasian

31 October 2014
I am glad that a forum like this exists for students to better engage with each other and connect with the public, as well as qualified legal professionals.

Some of the threads I have seen were very "close to home" in terms of expressing the fears and concerns that we as law students face once we graduate. I am grateful for the long standing members here who put aside their time to support law students.

Thank you to those contributors for your generosity and your consideration in building up our profession :)

That being said, I am also starting to see a trend in this forum where general basic principles or other information that can be acquired from the textbook or from our own research are being requested.

Personally, I think that this is a misuse of this forum and I think it undermines the capabilities that our future employers need to know that we have. Forums such as this are meant to incite discussion and to expand on knowledge. They shouldn't be a substitute for actually studying material yourself and earning your marks in school.

As a general suggestion: actually tackle the question yourself and provide your own comprehensive legal opinion and analysis. Give others something to work with that cannot be answered simply by using a Google search.

I am excited for the possibility of developing some comprehensive legal discussion. Hopefully, as people become more familiar with their material (and actually study it), they will begin to provide more insightful comments on the content.

Ultimately, I think this is what will start to distinguish all of us as aspiring lawyers.