NSW Inheritance - Father Transferring Assets to Brothers - What to Do ?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jOHN 56

4 January 2016
I am the black sheep of the family and my elderly father ( 91) is deliberately transferring all his assets including his property into my 3 brothers' possession in order to avoid any Family provision claim I may be able to make in the future. My mother passed away 9 years ago and I received nothing in inheritance then as she left everything to my father and he gave substantial money to all 3 of my brothers but not the black sheep.

Is there anything that I could do at this time to prevent or reduce about $3,000,000 of assets disappearing. I expect he will live well beyond the 3 years notional estate period as he is in quite good health. Is there any hope for the black sheep's future should my father live beyond the next 3 years or will I start planning my bankruptcy?

Thanks

S

Sophea

Provided he survives the 3 year time period within which a court can claw back a "notional estate" I don't know of any way you could still bring a family provision application.