QLD Infringement Ticket validity

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RiffRaffMama

29 October 2020
It depends on what information is missing.
There are a number of other ways to (sometimes) get out of an infringement notice, depending on what it is for and the circumstances under which you obtained it. Could you provide more info?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
No magic bullet, of the kind you might think.

Googes45

5 January 2021
It depends on what information is missing.
There are a number of other ways to (sometimes) get out of an infringement notice, depending on what it is for and the circumstances under which you obtained it. Could you provide more info?

They failed to tick the box relating to which act the offence was apart of i.e. marine, road use management Act.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
That's not fatal to validity.
Is there something in words (or as a code) about what the offence is?

RiffRaffMama

29 October 2020
Yeah, unfortunately, not every error or omision invalidates a fine. For something as simple as not ticking a box, when the box that should have been ticked is obvious because of other info on the fine, for example, you know that failing to stop at a red light is not going to be a maritime offence, then you are not going to be able to get out of it based on that.
If you believe you have a valid reason that your fine should be cancelled then your best bet is to use a service like Fine Defender. I have used them twice myself and their service is awesome.