NSW In response to initial contact can I request specific information?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Madmadz

5 April 2023
I am in the business of selling water filters. Recently a company contacted us because we sell a compatible filter for their product, we got a mould, copied it and sell it at less than half their price so they are understandably upset. They have told us that we cannot refer to their brand, or their specific models. They have referred to a link in which they searched their brand eg : www.mycompany.com/their brand. I use thier brand in this fashion "Compatible with [Brand] [model]

They have also told me I cannot use the word "hybrid" as a descriptor. They have also vaguely asked me to refrain from using "Unique descriptors that are designed to mislead and deceive"

Firstly am I wrong to look at this like its a stinking pile of swiss cheese?

And secondly would I be wrong in asking for itemized grievances with examples and references to the exact instances where their grievances occur.

And kindly I would ask if anyone had any ideas of other things I might consider when approaching this.

My goal here is to get all the specific information, partially make this guy do his homework, and potentially in his reply find other avenues to disregard this request.