How would YOU Improve the LawAnswers Community?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

How would YOU improve LawAnswers.com.au?

• New Forums (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• Mobile Apps

• Legal Aid and Free/Low-Cost Legal Advice Directory

• Lawyer Referral Directory

• Forum Badges to Identify Verified Lawyers

• More Document Templates (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• More Blog Articles (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• DIY Guides (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• Something Else (Please post below in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
28 December 2020
Its 2020 nearly 2021 ,yet this is not a simple chat legal forum its complex and i see no category for admin law , do you think there is any out there that need help to sue corrupt governance in Australia , or are you also bound by law society and bar association NSW and not allowed to offer such as is the fascist state of affairs in Australia , merry f....... xmas !

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
A new suggestion.
Close/ lock all threads where the opening post is more than 12 months old.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Maybe check the forums every so often for spammers like @williamjoy in above post ^^^ who has spammed multiple threads for several days now.

Reactions: Tim W

Atticus

6 February 2019
It's been over 3 days now since I reported this clown >>> @anon_anon for trolling multiple threads.... Still at it today I see.

As per my post above ^^^ maybe check your forums ounce in a while, or at least make it so that a person with some authority are notified when a report is lodged via the 'report' link you provide on every post.. Jeez!!

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Last edited:

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Exactly why I don't spend any time here anymore - the moderation is almost non-existent.
Classic example: buy edibles online Australia
Okay - lets get down to tik-taks here.

I posted the above on 2 November. It's now 13 November and those posts still exist. So let's get real...

The moderation on this site is not "almost" non-existent, it IS NON-EXISTENT. The owner relies solely on the forum's members to report problems and does absolutely no monitoring of content on their own.

THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE ON ANY FORUM.

Not only that, the site owner ignores offers to help in this regard. I offered to help out a long time ago because I wasn't working, have several I.T. qualifications and had plenty of free time on my hands. My offer was totally free of charge and I got no reply.

It is now very clear to me that the sole purpose of this site is to drive business to it's "verified" members and absolutely nothing else - and as far as I'm concerned, they can stick that where the sun don't shine.

Being a public forum of this type and taking into account it's own "advertised" claims, the focus of this site should be:
1. To give all Australians and in particular, those who are financially disadvantaged, a place to obtain advice where they are likely to have to represent themselves; and
2. For those who are a bit better off, obtain advice on the type of legal service they need and maybe connect them with someone.

This site is now failing in both regards, for the simple reason that people aren't coming here anymore. And why? The answer is simple - look at what's going on and you clearly see how people would come here, read some posts and then disappear. The very essence of what this site should be, which is the QUALITY of the questions and answers provided, is telling people to go away because you won't get any meaningful help here. And this is happening despite the genuine efforts of the long standing members (and some newer ones) going out of their way to help total strangers.

One spam post is ALWAYS going to do a lot more damage that a hundred genuine posts will do good - and until this site's owner realizes that, this site is doomed to fail.

@lawanswers: Unless you want all your valuable members to leave - get off your f***ing fat arse and do something to convince us stay. PERIOD.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Well someone had to bloody say it - didn't they.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Okay - lets get down to tik-taks here.

I posted the above on 2 November. It's now 13 November and those posts still exist. So let's get real...

The moderation on this site is not "almost" non-existent, it IS NON-EXISTENT. The owner relies solely on the forum's members to report problems and does absolutely no monitoring of content on their own.

THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE ON ANY FORUM.

Not only that, the site owner ignores offers to help in this regard. I offered to help out a long time ago because I wasn't working, have several I.T. qualifications and had plenty of free time on my hands. My offer was totally free of charge and I got no reply.

It is now very clear to me that the sole purpose of this site is to drive business to it's "verified" members and absolutely nothing else - and as far as I'm concerned, they can stick that where the sun don't shine.

Being a public forum of this type and taking into account it's own "advertised" claims, the focus of this site should be:
1. To give all Australians and in particular, those who are financially disadvantaged, a place to obtain advice where they are likely to have to represent themselves; and
2. For those who are a bit better off, obtain advice on the type of legal service they need and maybe connect them with someone.

This site is now failing in both regards, for the simple reason that people aren't coming here anymore. And why? The answer is simple - look at what's going on and you clearly see how people would come here, read some posts and then disappear. The very essence of what this site should be, which is the QUALITY of the questions and answers provided, is telling people to go away because you won't get any meaningful help here. And this is happening despite the genuine efforts of the long standing members (and some newer ones) going out of their way to help total strangers.

One spam post is ALWAYS going to do a lot more damage that a hundred genuine posts will do good - and until this site's owner realizes that, this site is doomed to fail.

@lawanswers: Unless you want all your valuable members to leave - get off your f***ing fat arse and do something to convince us stay. PERIOD.
(I'm not an admin here, just so we are clear...)
Among other things, it is also not intended to be a place of therapy and venting
for every second angry man who has (in theor own mind)
had the pineapple from the Family Law system.

Further, I suspect that many of the lawyer contributors
are at (or very, very near) the end of their patience
with the nut jobs, tin foil hatters, spammers, agenda pushers, conspiracy theorists,
and the merely angry and elsewhere-unheard.