QLD How to Interpret Orders Regarding School Holidays?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Snapchat07

3 February 2017
Personally, I would just stick to whatever pattern was in place before the order was made (e.g. Just continue the pattern that was in place with the interim orders). I wouldn't restart the pattern when school recommences, but again, if you and dad agree on something different, so be it.

If you're still undecided, I think I agree with sammy01 about asking dad what he wants to do and just going with it, but be clear that whatever is decided now is the pattern that will persist indefinitely. It doesn't work if the pattern changes every twelves weeks when the holidays end.
Thank you,

I have sent a letter to his lawyers in the hopes we can work it out amicably by pointing out due to adding an additional weekend into.

Every school holidays it will be unfair for one parent if we continue the alternates throughout the holidays (him for the first school holidays) and to let me know what he thinks. We shall see thanks again for your help.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Could you send a letter directly to him? Eventually, you wanna get solicitors out of your lives...

Snapchat07

3 February 2017
could you send a letter directly to him. Eventually, you wanna get solicitors out of your lives...
I have tried he doesn't reply and I keep getting them from the lawyers instead, I also stated I would prefer to have contact direct with him via email and txt in my latest email so here's hoping.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Well, if you're writing to his solicitor, at least it isn't costing you any money....

MartyK

4 June 2016
I have tried he doesn't reply and I keep getting them from the lawyers instead, I also stated I would prefer to have contact direct with him via email and txt in my latest email so here's hoping.

Sometimes it is just a matter of waiting for the dust to settle a bit post Court. Good luck!