VIC How to Get Details of Criminal Law Offence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
3 October 2015
I was in Australia for 4years but right now I'm in India. I applied for my national police check. I got it last week and it's showing an offence in which Dandenong court has issued warrant against me. The court date was on 20 January 2012. The offence is that I refused to accompany them to the station for the breathe test. This offence was totally out of my knowledge. I want get full details of this offence when and where it had been done. Please, if someone can guide me how to get details regarding this under Criminal Law, I will be very thankful.

DJSPOOKY

4 October 2015
I was in Australia for 4years but right now I m in India i applied for my national police I got it last week in which it's showing an offence in which dandenong court has issued warrant against me court date was on 20 January 2012, offence is that I refused to accompy to station for the breathe test , this offence totally out of my knowledge I want get full details of this offence when and where it has been done plz if someone can guide me how to get details regarding this I will be very much thankful to u..
if you or someone refuses to accompany a police to the police station, there is no need to issue warrant for your arrest, you will handcuffed and arrested on the spot

Ponala

10 February 2015
DJSPOOKY is wrong, unfortunately, as there is no power of arrest for that offence in Victoria.

You could ask for disclosure under the Criminal Procedure Act, though they probably won't release it until the warrant is executed.