Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW How to Appeal for Parking Fines Leniency Under Traffic Law?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Ryan6, 3 July 2016.

  1. Ryan6

    Ryan6 Member

    3 July 2016
    Likes Received:

    I have received a fine for stopping my car across a drive way. I actually stopped there when my asthma attack triggered and that was the only spot available. I stopped and rushed home to obtain my inhaler, came back within 6-7 minutes but by that time, I had gotten a stopping ticket. I only stopped due to a medical emergency, in the interests of safety.

    Also, I have noticed that the cars are parked at the same spot everyday, yet no parking fines are issued. I want to seek leniency for my case as I only stopped for few minutes due to a medical condition. I have a witness who can verify this.

    Please help on how do I do this under Traffic Law?

    Thank you
  2. Rod

    Rod Well-Known Member

    27 May 2014
    Likes Received:
    Write to the police/council requesting leniency for a medical emergency.

    If that fails, elect to have the fine heard at court and plead your case there. It may take 2 or 3 trips to the court before you case is heard. Be prepared to wait and wait at court.

    Else pay your fine.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page