VIC Got caught shop lifting while still in good behaviour bond from the last caught.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pumpkin

14 November 2019
Hi,

I know this post will get some negative response and I know I have to accept it.
I got caught shop lifting at a big shopping brand last year in Dec and when I attended the court in March this year, I got charged for shop lifting with no conviction and one year of Good behaviour Bond (Until march next year). The reason I did not get a diversion program was because of the high amount of the items.

Unfortunately, a few days ago I got caught shop lifting again. My court day for it will be March next year.
I have severe depression and anxiety and have been on medication for more than a decade. I suffered a very rough and poor childhood with sexual abuse and hunger. And that’s how I got myself in to this trouble. I’m 35 years old and have just finished my bachelor in education.

I’m writing this hoping to get some advise or if someone who had been in the same situation could shed me some lights.

What am I going to face at the court? If I get a conviction, can I still apply for VIT to teach? Can I travel overseas?
Should I go through the process with a lawyer or a Legal Aid? I heard that legal aid tend to not helping as much as it’s free. I went through my first court time with them and it’s clear that they didn’t do much. But in the other way I’m aware that a lawyer is very expensive. And I am not sure if they can make any difference.

I’m extremely stressed and worrying sick. Please help.
Thank you.