Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Full Amount Stipulated in My Contract - Am I Entitled?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by fizex, 8 July 2014.

1. fizex

fizex Member

I recently signed a contract with a recruitment company and it stated that the amount they offered to pay me daily as an hourly rate (so for example a day rate of $600 is now an hourly rate of $600). As this is what I signed (for an hourly rate of $600), am I entitled to it and would I win should I have to take it to court?

2. Owens Lawyers

Owens Lawyers Well-Known Member

Are you saying they mistakenly put in the contract you would be paid $600 an hour instead of $600 a day? You could try and enforce it through a court but if there is other evidence of what the true agreement is then the recruitment company could rely on that.

3. fizex

fizex Member

Hey, yes that's exactly right. I thought that might be the case.

Thanks for letting me know.

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

And the company would probably win, especially if it was quickly noticed and brought to your attention.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...