LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Federal Circuit Court - File a Late Response to Affidavit?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Crittyj, 2 March 2016.

1. Crittyj

Crittyj Active Member

Hi,

My ex-husband filed an Initiating Application in the Federal Circuit Court instead of responding to a magistrate's request for further information. He offered me substantially less than what was originally agreed on. Eventually, we agreed on the same thing again after I had a lawyer for a few weeks and I signed consent orders, however, I am now worse off because of the legal fees. Everything the lawyer suggested, he just refused to acknowledge including that he had a daughter, we paid child support for the entire time.

Should I still file a response to his Affidavit, as there are numerous lies in it which can still be proven with bank statements, however, it is past the 14-day return date.

Initially, he told me he would withdraw his affidavit. However now he hasn't done that.

Thanks.

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Yes, you should definitely file a response. Not doing so will only delay the matter and may result in the court ordering you to pay his legal fees.

3. Crittyj

Crittyj Active Member

Thanks