Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Federal Circuit Court - File a Late Response to Affidavit?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Crittyj, 2 March 2016.

1. Crittyj

Crittyj Active Member

Hi,

My ex-husband filed an Initiating Application in the Federal Circuit Court instead of responding to a magistrate's request for further information. He offered me substantially less than what was originally agreed on. Eventually, we agreed on the same thing again after I had a lawyer for a few weeks and I signed consent orders, however, I am now worse off because of the legal fees. Everything the lawyer suggested, he just refused to acknowledge including that he had a daughter, we paid child support for the entire time.

Should I still file a response to his Affidavit, as there are numerous lies in it which can still be proven with bank statements, however, it is past the 14-day return date.

Initially, he told me he would withdraw his affidavit. However now he hasn't done that.

Thanks.

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Yes, you should definitely file a response. Not doing so will only delay the matter and may result in the court ordering you to pay his legal fees.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Crittyj

Crittyj Active Member

Thanks