- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Family Law on Custody of Children?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Lyndatoltec, 16 September 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Lyndatoltec

    Lyndatoltec Member

    16 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    We have shared care of my 2 step daughters, 50 % care one week on one week off. There are no orders in place.

    The mother has met somebody out of state and I am wondering if she just picks up and moves with out the kids, can we stop her or can she just leave and place custody of children with us 100% under Family Law?

  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Without orders in place, whether parenting or consent, both options are possible. However, if she moved without your consent, then you could apply for a recovery order to have her and/or the children returned to their original home town.

Share This Page