False information in affidavit and financial statement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Emma Adele

25 September 2019
hi, we are trying to do a property settlement and my ex partner has provided MANY false information in his affidavit and MANY false information in his form 13 financial statement and undeclared income. He also has withdrawn money and given it to his family members and pretend to purchase assets with no contract or correspondence or receipts. His information provided to date is riddled with false information in an attempt to defeat my claim. He also pretends to become depressed and gamble $70,000 away, he has this written in text to his boss.
Surely there must be a legal consequence for this? Perjury?
We are from WA

Tremaine

5 February 2019
“Pretends” to become depressed? Suspicion of conspiracy on your part doesn’t amount to perjury on his. What proof do you have that he lied in his affidavit?

Emma Adele

25 September 2019
“Pretends” to become depressed? Suspicion of conspiracy on your part doesn’t amount to perjury on his. What proof do you have that he lied in his affidavit?
I just realized he has put his tax amount as higher to reduce his income and also to receive a lump sum back from the tax department after EOFY

In his affidavit, He has claimed previous shared property assets were not paid for (which they were) and that he has since paid them with cash withdrawals (cash that he has withdrawn & hidden). He claims he earns less income from his rental property than he actually does. He hasn’t listed property he owns 50% share in (he isn’t on the title)

In his financial statements, He is claiming expenses which are not true, he doesn’t pay petrol (company pays), he is paying his mortgage at 4x the repayment amount.

Also it isn’t a suspicion for him to “pretend to be depressed and gamble his money away” he has written this in numerous messages to his boss and I have them printed.

There also much more.

Emma Adele

25 September 2019
We also placed injunctions on his bank accounts to stop him withdrawing savings. He still continued to withdraw over $70,000. Surely this is contempt of court? Is any of the above contempt of court for providing false information and not being “full and crank disclosure”