NSW Failed Plea negotiation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hellomyonlyfriend

15 August 2022
When I was in custody, the solicitor tried to do a plea negotiation (which I did not want to do) with some facts I did not agree with by providing an altered fact sheet with some charges removed under the proviso that "we have to give them something to get you out of here".

There was no a final agreement between parties and the matter went to hearing. I feel the prosecutor is now trying to use that signed fact sheet against me in court or relying on it.

Is it true they cannot provide it to third parties or use it against me at court? The prosecutor had provided it to a solicitor who approached me with it in his hand saying I should accept the plea and the prosecutor would accept it. This solicitor had previously returned legal aid grant for me based on a conflict he had with the complainants, so I was taken back they he had been given access to it

It does not have without prejudice on the signed fact sheet but the solicitor stated it was inadmissible at the time.

I was unrepresented at hearing but could not proceed because I was sick.