WA executor sister stole inheritance

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sheree888

25 October 2017
I live overseas. My father died last year and left his estate equally to his 3 daughters.My two sisters live in Perth WA. Through my lawyer I have found out that my sister who is executor has taken more than $150 000 out of the trust for expenses. The lawyer helping her with the estate allowed her to take out large sums of money without reason. Also we suspect that my fathers bank account was drained before probate. My sisters thought I could not get a lawyer from so far and because I was ill would not be able to come back to Australia. Is the law firm negligent for allowing her to steal the money? This law firm has also overcharged by $30000 and have been in the newspapers and reported by a judge to the LPCC for over charging on another case a few months ago. We have demanded all documents dealing with the trust and their accounts and threatened to go to the supreme court and they are ignoring us. Can my sisters be arrested for fraud? They have assets that can be frozen. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
In order to get meaningful answers to any of these questions, you will need to instruct a solicitor in WA.
You can do that from overseas, and be overseas yourself the whole time while they work.

Reactions: Sheree888

Sheree888

25 October 2017
In order to get meaningful answers to any of these questions, you will need to instruct a solicitor in WA.
You can do that from overseas, and be overseas yourself the whole time while they work.
Thank you for your answer, I have a solicitor in WA. My sister and her lawyer are making things very difficult by not answering our emails for weeks and not sending us the detailed information of her spending. The whole estate has been taken for costs and unexplained expenses. It is amazing how her legal firm helping her with the trust has let her do this.