NSW Driveways - Constant use by Neighbours to do a three point turn

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ShaneS

9 February 2021
Hi there, I have a painful situation whereby I have two driveways on our property. One is now being decommissioned as part of a condition of a DA. We are not allowed to have two on a size less than ??
metres and not on a corner. Across the road we have three ( now two neighbours) that continually use Council's driveway to do a three point turn. One 600 times a year ( 10 times weekdays and 6 times on the weekend) . Another 400 times a year. The third neighbour 400 times a year and over 6,500 times in 16 years. Between the three of them and other traffic ( couriers, delivery drivers, tradies) we get over 1600 visits to the driveway/s each year ( 5 each day) . Both neighbours could easily use another driveway in front of them but they target our house . I checked this out and they are legally entitled too. But we lose peaceful enjoyment to our property owing to the constant heavy traffic and headlights at night on our house ( yes we use blinds) . The fact that we are targetted irritates me. One at least 3 occasions one neighbour has been pulling in whilst we are reversing . So we wait for him to move to another driveway. He refuses. So after a tense wait we reverse and then he goes up on the driveway ( Council) . We have stuck two safety cones on Council 's land but it is just a matter of time before someone complains to Council. It has been heaven sent as they pull in and then change . Both Neighbours know of my discontent and I stand in front of them whilst they pull in. Some neighbours down the road use it as well and exceed our property line. We have had couriers park in our driveway ( Not Council land), get out and deliver to the next door neighbour. This ripple effect of closing my borders ( cones on driveway) has put pressure on the other neighbour across the road ( the one that used ours for 16 years) and he is ticked off. He has gone as far as placing his towbar across his driveway. He has a large vehicle and cannot use his driveway as it is to steeped.
Please note I use the term "Neighbour
What legal rights do I have ? I just want some peaceful enjoyment of our property.