NSW right of carriageway

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tuca

24 March 2018
I share my drive way with my neighbour for about 10 years but has been hard on us since he does not follow the terms of the right of carriageway. He can build a driveway to get in his garage but he prefer not to and keep his car parked on the driveway because I have another driveway. I can't ask him to move the car because he uses abusive words . I'm thinking in retire buy a motorhome but the only way to keep the motorhome in my yard is using the two driveway one to get in and other to get out as I have no space to turn. The old house's owner we had to take to court for the same reason and they lost the case I don't want to start court again unless I have a chance of extinguished a right of carriageway, mine is lot 4 my neighbour lot 3. Any advice please.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-10 at 10.40.11 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-10 at 10.40.11 PM.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-10 at 10.43.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-10 at 10.43.35 PM.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 4

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Get a lawyer to look at the last judgment.

tuca

24 March 2018
I share my drive way with my neighbour for about 10 years but has been hard on us since he does not follow the terms of the right of carriageway. He can build a driveway to get in his garage but he prefer not to and keep his car parked on the driveway because I have another driveway. I can't ask him to move the car because he uses abusive words . I'm thinking in retire buy a motorhome but the only way to keep the motorhome in my yard is using the two driveway one to get in and other to get out as I have no space to turn. The old house's owner we had to take to court for the same reason and they lost the case I don't want to start court again unless I have a chance of extinguished a right of carriageway, mine is lot 4 my neighbour lot 3. Any advice please.
Thank you Rod, I will see my lawyer again soon. It doesn't make any sense in have a right of carriageway in front of the street it was done because the owner split the land and the person that bought lot 3 end up with out drive way and he wouldn't buy it if didn't have a drive way. I was reading the easement it says * for the time being* what this mean please if you can answer me. Thank you.